Dear Hidden Valley Community,
It’s hard to believe we are already well into March, with just 3 full months of school left until the end of the year. There will be many awesome events between now and June, including the Dinner Auction that will be taking place this Saturday, March 11th at the Concord Hilton. I hope you will be able to join us for an incredible night of fun and celebration – 1980’s style!
The March weather forecast is calling for yet more rain. Please keep in mind that umbrellas do create problems and safety issues at school. In addition to sometimes being used as swords and light sabers, they also drip water on the floor, and often get misplaced or left behind. It is preferable for your child to wear a raincoat with a hood instead of carrying an umbrella around at school.
At our February School Site Council meeting, we approved this year’s Safety Plan. As part of this year’s plan, we are looking for parent volunteers to help assist the school in case of an emergency or disaster, such as a major earthquake. If you are willing to come to the school and assist school personnel, we would appreciate it if you could sign up and fill out a short survey about any pertinent skills or training you may have. Thank you for your support and assistance.
Link to survey: https://goo.gl/forms/EQgSQoklFw4HJeOu2
Other safety concerns that surfaced as a result of our work on the Safety Plan include the following:
- If you use the back gate that exits out to Hidden Valley Park, please be sure to close it whenever you enter or exit
- Students should not play on any play structures unless they are being directly supervised by MDUSD personnel
- All students being picked up after school should wait at the far end of the south staff parking lot near the traffic duty supervisor
- No child should ever be picked up in a red zone
- Parents/Guardians should never make U Turns on Glacier Drive in front of the school
I do want to mention how much I appreciate the effort that the vast majority of Hidden Valley parents/guardians make to keep all children safe. I am grateful for the dedication and commitment I see each day from all the parents who provide support in making Hidden Valley a safe, inclusive, and welcoming school.
Thank you for entrusting us with your child or children. It is a joy to teach and spend time with them each day. We appreciate all you do to support your child’s success at Hidden Valley.
Rich Gorton, Principal