Dear Hidden Valley Community,
Welcome to the New Year! I hope your family has enjoyed the holidays together.
As we resume school in 2017, it is really important for all students to get back into a routine that supports learning and good health. Please help your child be successful by making sure s/he gets plenty of rest, and eats a well-balanced diet.
We have some outstanding parent education opportunities coming up soon. Please mark your calendar for the following dates:
- On Wednesday, January 11th School Counselor Chrissy Fraser will be providing a presentation focused on addressing anxiety.
- On Wednesday, January 18 Joree Rosenblatt, MA, LMFT, will be presenting on mindfulness.
- From Wednesday, February 1st through Wednesday, March 8th the Loving Solutions class will return to Hidden Valley.
All parent education classes will start promptly at 6:30 pm in the library. Childcare will be provided. Please see flyers for additional information.
Please also see the attached flyers if you would like to nominate a Teacher of the Year Candidate. The deadline for the nomination is on Monday, January 16th.
I’ve received a number of messages from parents who have expressed concerns about safety in our parking areas. If you drive your child to or from school, please keep the following in mind:
- The north parking lot on Glacier is for staff parking and bus pick up/drop off only.
- Park only in designated spots (please do not park in disabled spots unless you have a placard)
- Always use extreme caution; drive slowly in and around the parking areas at all times.
If you witness someone breaking any traffic laws, I would encourage you to contact the Martinez Police Department. Please be prepared to provide the make, model, and license plate number so the police are able to trace the vehicle.
Intra-district applications (grades 1-5) are available until January 17, 2017 at the school sites, on the web site at Transfer Information and at the District Office, 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, CA 94519 in the Welcome Center, Room 1. The deadline to apply for an intra-district transfer is January 17, 2017. The deadline for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten is March 1, 2017. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THESE DUE DATES.
Here is to a productive and prosperous New Year. Thank you for entrusting us with your child or children. It is our pleasure and privilege to teach and spend time with them each day. We appreciate all you do to support your child’s success at Hidden Valley.
Rich Gorton, Principal