You can receive weekly updates about what’s happening at Hidden Valley!
This is a great way to stay informed about all of the PFC events going on at school.
Subscribe to HVPFC Emails and Monday Memos (click)
Join us on our Facebook Group – a private group for HVE parent/guardians only.
Nothing says holidays, like a cheese log.
Dear Hidden Valley Community,
While November was a short month for us academically, we still managed to get quite a bit done. Kayo Alencastre kindly scheduled 2 dining for dollars this month. Thanks for suggesting 2 nights off so we can focus on Holiday preparations!
Our Fifth Graders went to camp! I heard it was great weather and our students had a great time. What an amazing experience for them. Thank you to our amazing community and fifth grade parents for making this opportunity a reality for them.
As we left for our Thanksgiving break, See’s Candy order forms went home. Orders and funds were due back when we returned on Monday, November 30th. Distribution is set for the week of December 10th. Thank you for your continued support.
December is also a short academic month:
- Conferences are scheduled Dec 5th-16th so we have an early dismissal for those 2 weeks.
- Our monthly PFC meeting in the Library at 7pm on Tuesday, December 6th.
- The Book Fair begins on Friday, December 2nd in the A-pod. There are still volunteer opportunities available.
- Shop at our Holiday Craft Fair on Saturday, December 3rd from 10am-3pm in the Multi-use Room.
- On December 5th, Principal Gorton and Vice Principal Lanfranki Law are hosting a Parent Forum in the Multi-use Room at 8:20am-9:30am. I hope to see many of our community members there.
- Take a break from the Holiday rush and join us for a White Elephant Bingo Night in Multi-use room on Friday, December 9th at 6:30pm.
As we wrap up 2016, I want to thank everyone for everything you do. The PFC couldn’t run without an amazingly supportive community. From volunteers to fundraiser participants, we are thankful for you all.
Angie Vickroy (email@example.com)
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming up Friday, Dec. 2 through Friday, Dec. 9 and we need volunteers! This is a super fun one, with short/easy time slots. Most don’t require you to be fingerprinted. Please consider signing up!
Sign Up Sheet Here
5th Grade Outdoor Education Bake Sale
CALLING ALL BAKERS!
WE NEED YOU….
To bake some yummy treats for the Bake Sale during the Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair on Saturday, December 3rd.
Please support the 5th Grade Outdoor Education fund by donating your yummy treats that will be sold at the Bake Sale during the Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair on Saturday, December 3, 2016. All proceeds will benefit the Outdoor Education Fund for the 2017 – 2018 5th Grade class.
If you are interested in donating an item, please wrap your treats individually or in small numbers easy to sell and please drop them off at school on Friday in A Pod before school between 7:45 am and 8:30 am or after school between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm or on Saturday morning at the craft fair in the Multi Use Room between 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
If you’re interested in lending a hand at the Bake Sale? Every little bit helps. Please sign up here Bake Sale Link
Questions? Please email Kayo at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer at email@example.com
Congratulations to Cole Usedom for winning the Mountain Mike’s Dining for Dollars drawing.
The next Dining for Dollars event will be on Tuesday, November 29 at the Habit Burger Grill located at 1110 Concord Blvd in Concord from4:00 PM to 10:00PM. Please download the flier here and bring it with you when purchasing your meal, so that Hidden Valley will receive credit for your purchase. Don’t have access to a flier? Extras will be located in the office or look for fliers to be passed out on Tuesday morning before and after school at various locations on campus.
Also bring your receipt into the school office and put into the Dining for Dollars box with your name, your child’s name, your child’s teacher and a phone number to be entered into a drawing to win a $10 gift card.
A drawing will be done at the end of the year with all the receipts turned in this school year for a four pack of movie passes. The more receipts you turn in the more chances you will have to win. Questions? Email Kayo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Includes dinner, drinks, dancing, live and silent auction, raffles, games, prizes, dessert run, photo booth and more!
Tickets $55 each
Contact: Hidden.Valley.Auction@gmail.com with questions or to purchase.
Or purchase online at: http://hvpfc.schoolauction.net/auction2017/
Please be aware that if you plan to have your child out of school for 5 or more days, we request that you complete an Independent Study (IS) contract.
Requirements for Independent Study Contract:
- Student will miss at least 5 days and no more than 20 days of school;
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) knows for sure what dates the student will miss school;
- Teacher has been given 10 school days’ notice by the Parent/Guardian of the request to do I.S.; Teacher has agreed to Independent Study (I.S.). Please Note: Teachers have the option to decline I.S. requests. Very soon after teacher has agreed to I.S., the parent must come see the Attendance Secretary to draw up the Independent Study Contract; Student,
- Teacher has agreed to Independent Study (I.S.). Please Note: Teachers have the option to decline I.S. requests. Very soon after teacher has agreed to I.S., the parent must come see the Attendance Secretary to draw up the Independent Study Contract;
- Student, Parent/Guardian and Principal must sign and date the I.S. contract before the I.S. contract goes into effect;
- Completed I.S. schoolwork must be turned in to the Teacher by the “Due Date” shown on the Independent Study (I.S.) Contract (if turned in after the Due Date, the I.S. Contract is “null and void”).
IF all the terms of the Independent Study Contract have been fulfilled by the student, the student will (1) receive “credit” for the I.S. work done (those absences will not count against the student’s Attendance Record – thus allowing the student to maintain a Perfect Attendance record) and (2) Mt. Diablo Unified 11 School District will get the daily ADA funding (which helps fund your child’s education).
Upon the student’s return, all assigned work must be turned in to guarantee funding and for the child to receive credit for the work. The school must have a full week’s notice to assemble the materials for your child.
All parents/guardians are invited to attend a parent forum that will be held on Monday, December 5th from 8:20-9:30 am in the multi-use room. Principal Gorton and Vice Principal, Lanfranki Law will share information about upcoming events, and parents will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide input. Refreshments will be provided.
The holidays are fast approaching – it’s the perfect time to support our school, enjoy a great community event, & get some holiday shopping done all at the same time! Santa will be there to take pictures with the kiddos, so don’t miss out! Visit Facebook.com/HVEHolidayFair for more information & to get previews of the Artists & their work from now until the big day! We’ll see YOU there, the first Saturday in December!
Do you like to eat at Red Robin? Sign up for their Red Robin Royalty rewards and not only can you earn tasty rewards for you and your family, but Red Robin will donate 1% of what you spend there to Hidden Valley all year long. Sign up for Red Robin Royalty rewards at www.redrobin.com, select Red Robin Royalty, sign up, choose Hidden Valley Elementary and start enjoying the rewards and helping Hidden Valley! Any questions, email Kayo at email@example.com.